Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Welcome, to Beauty and the RA Beast!

I was officially diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis almost two years ago. While the answer to my months of pain and suffering was a relief, it would also be months yet before I got even some of the relief I was looking for. I was in full flare for a long time, would go through other seasonal illnesses that would make my RA so bad I could barely do things like dress and go to the bathroom. Most activities during the worst days required a walker.

Luckily my pain has been reduced to about 75% of what it used to be. But my rheumatologist is still not happy with the remaining inflammation and its potential to make my life miserable. As the weeks follow, I'll let you know how it goes with the medications prescribed and my journey. I also belong to support groups online, so anyone wanting to know more may ask in the comments.

But I have also come across a number of tools to help me along the way. And that's the purpose of this blog. I not only want to share my chronic illness, but also to show you some products that have made my life a whole lot easier. My goal is to at least once a week show you a device that will help you in your ability to do everyday tasks, like open a water bottle, or medicine.

So, follow me. Won't you? We're in this together.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news! Thanks for sharing the link. LUCK!

    ReplyDelete